accelQ Jira plugin (accelQ Connect) provides an ability to fetch test coverage information from accelQ into your Jira instance. Against an Issue in Jira, you can get information on which test scenarios in accelQ are mapped and the latest execution status of such scenarios.
Deploying accelQ Connect
Download Jira plugin from the Atlassian Market Place and deploy on your Jira instance. You may need help from your Jira admin for this step.
Here is the link to download accelQ Plugin plugin:
Configure accelQ Connect
- Login as Jira Administrator
- Click on the Administration icon (gear icon) and select "Manage apps".
- Click on accelQ Connect on left nav and provide configuration information.
- accelQ Server URL
- Tenant Code: You can fetch this by clicking on the Profile icon > Auth Properties in accelQ
- accelQ User Name: Any valid accelQ user's email address
- API Key: API key corresponding to the accelQ user. You can fetch this by clicking on the Profile icon > Auth Properties in accelQ
- Test the connection to make sure Jira is able to communicate with accelQ server and save the profile.
Test coverage for a User Story
Once the plugin is loaded, test coverage information (Scenarios in accelQ) is displayed in the accelQ Traceability section of a user story. This displays information on what scenarios are covering this story, last execution status and a link to navigate to detailed test report.
Note: You can configure which type of Issues and which Jira projects, will show accelQ Traceability information while setting up your accelQ plugin. This will help save real estate on Issue types where Traceability information is not applicable.
View test coverage information in a list format
Once you configured connection with accelQ, you will find "accelQ Connect" as a top-header link in Jira. Click on the link to view a listing of Jira Issues against the accelQ scenarios and last execution status.
You can setup filters to customize the list of user stories that you view. For example, you can set a filter for current Sprint, so that you can review the coverage for the sprint in one place. You can save and manage multiple filters.