Custom fields allow metadata based tagging for various entities to support downstream filtering and analysis requirements. You can create custom fields of different types and assign to one or more entities (scenario, test case, action, context, data type).
During the initial onboarding of a new Project in accelQ, it is important to setup these custom fields to reflect your application taxonomy and business requirements from test execution and reporting view point.
You create custom fields from the Project Administration section.
- Login as Project Admin and click on gear icon to open Administration window.
- Click on Custom Fields left-nav link.
- Provide a name, description and help text. Various types of fields are supported:
|Free form text value
|Multi line text field for comments, notes etc.
|Such as Priority (high, low, medium), Line of Business (flight, hotel, car) etc.
|App modules (login, shopping, checkout etc.)
|Due date for completion
- Provide all the information in the form
- A custom field can be assigned to one or more entities in the system which include Scenario, Action, Context, Data Type and Test Case.