Initiate View Capture
In ACCELQ, open the Context where this View should be recorded. Click on "Capture New View". On the top-right corner of the "Record Views" modal, select the "Mobile" application type.
Note: This option to select between Mobile and Web is available based on your subscription. You can find what Product licenses are assigned to you, from your Profile card.
Provide Device Configuration
The mobile device may be accessed from one of the 3 available options
- If the device is a cloud device (such as Browser Stack, Sauce Labs, Perfecto, etc.), select Cloud Provider in the radio group.
- If the device is an emulator or a real device on a local or a remote machine (which is accessible from the machine you are capturing the View from), use the Local/Remote device option. Device information should be input manually.
- If the device is an emulator or a real device either locally or on a remote machine and ACCELQ Local Agent is available on the machine, select ACCELQ Agent. Device information is pre-populated for selection.
Capturing Views from Cloud Provider Device
ACCELQ supports capturing Views on a device hosted on 3rd party cloud providers. Following providers are currently supported
Depending on the specific cloud provider, input the authentication information to view a list of available devices. You may filter the devices based on the OS type, version, and Device version.
Identify the application on the cloud device using the application URL or application file path. This information is specific to your cloud provider.
A custom Driver Profile can include any additional configuration relevant for the recording session. These include timeouts, network speed, etc.
Click the "Start capture" button and you will be navigated to Device Connect Page where you will navigate the app and capture the necessary Views. Learn more.
Capturing Views from locally connected device with ACCELQ Agent
Make sure the local/remote machine is set up with the required automation environment. Here is an article with complete instructions.
- Connect your test device via USB
- If your device OS is Android, make sure to turn on USB debugging
- Now, Start the agent so that agent recognizes the new device. If the agent is already is running, restart the agent for the newly connected device to show up.
- Select ACCELQ Agent among the radio buttons
- Select your agent in the agent dropdown. It automatically fetches configured Appium url and devices connected to your machine.
- Select target OS with version
- And then, the devices list will be updated with selected OS and Version.
- The App file path is an optional field. If the target app is not installed on the device, we can provide the file path to the app bundle.
- Click start capture and you will be navigated to Device Connect Page where you will be capture the required views.
- Click here to learn how to capture views from the device connect page.