Although Internet Explorer is supported by Selenium, certain setting may need to be updated to work around the security settings and other restrictions. Check the following settings based on your particular IE setup.
Protection Mode Settings - Enable Protected Mode
- Open Internet Options and Switch to Security Tab.
- Select the Internet Zone and Select the Checkbox Enable Protected Mode. If this checkbox is disabled, please contact your IT support team.
Repeat this setting for the remaining 3 zones, "Local intranet", "Trusted sites" and "Restricted sites". Close and restart Internet Explorer to affect these changes.
Turn-off Enhanced Protected Mode:
- Open Internet Options and switch to Advanced Tab
- Scroll down to the Security section.
- Turn off the checkbox for Enable Enhanced Protected Mode*. If this checkbox is disabled, contact your IT support.
- Close and restart the internet explorer browser.
Registry Settings for WebDriver connection
Set a registry entry on the execution host machine so that the driver can maintain a connection to the IE instance it creates.
Driver connection Settings (Applicable for IE 11 only)
- Open the Registry editor by running "regedit" in the Run program.
- Navigate to:
For 32-bit Windows installations,
For 64-bit Windows installations,
- Create key,
FEATURE_BFCACHE,if not already present.
- Inside this key, create a DWORD value named
iexplore.exewith the value of 0. Even if QWORD is suggested for 64-bit machines, create a DWORD.