Automation to Manual Test Traceability
A new feature to establish traceability between Manual and Automation Scenarios is now available. This traceability is bi-directional and you can map many-many Automated to Manual Scenarios and vice-versa. You can access this feature from Traceability tab in the Scenario page. As part of this change, Scenario's traceability with Jira/TFS Requirement is moved from Scenario sidebar to the Traceability tab.
Comprehensive Single Sign On Support
Single Sign On is now supported for a broad range of authentication providers including the following IdPs.
- Azure Active Directory
- SAML with Okta
- Open Connect ID
Here is the detailed article.
Execution Parameters to tag test Runs
Execution Parameters is a new feature with powerful capability to custom tag and filter your test jobs and automation executions. This is a very comprehensive feature to configure for your organization's requirements. Here is the complete article on Execution Parameters.
Slack Integration for Results Notification
Integration with Slack for test result notifications is available as a new feature. In addition to email, you can now choose to send test execution and results notification to your Slack channels. Here is the article explaining the setup and usecase.
Parameter and Element Preview
While working in Action logic editor, it is now possible to get a quick preview of parameters and element attributes without leaving the logic editor. This is a very useful productivity enhancement when working on test logic development. more...
File upload in Action logic
New command provided for file upload from web pages. File-upload is provided as a simple and portable utility, without interacting with the OS native file explorer dialog. Details.
Parallel Test Execution - configure concurrent thread count during test run
You can now select the number of concurrent threads when opting for parallel execution. In the earlier versions, the thread count was hard bound to the Parallel Thread Count specified in the Agent startup file. Here is the updated article for parallel test execution.
Saucelabs and Browser Stack execution
Enhanced integration elements with Saucelabs and Browser Stack during test execution on respective platforms. This includes display of proper session names on the Sauce and BrowserStack results display, so that it is easy to recognize the ACCELQ test execution instance. ACCELQ runs now tag the test case names also appropriately on the remote test results.
Finding Unused Actions
It is now easy to find and filter unused Actions. Essential for refactoring efforts, as you try and clean up your test assets. Here is how.
Setup Password Policy
Password policy is now configurable with extensive controls. When you are using ACCELQ authentication (as against SSO), you can configure the password strength etc. based on your organization's requirement. Here is the article.
A Tenant Administrator can now, optionally set session timeout. If a user is idle for the duration of configured timeout, the auth session is invalidated and requires user to enter credentials again. You can configure the session timeout between 5 and 120 minutes. Configure this from your Tenant Administration portal.
Import Manual Scenarios from Excel
New feature added to allow importing Manual Scenarios in bulk, from excel files. All pertinent details including steps, expected results, custom fields etc. can be imported.
An excel file may have one or more Scenarios listed in it and you can import multiple files in one go. You can access this functionality from the Navigator Grid for Manual Scenarios. Here is an article on the process and the expected format for the excel sheet.
Support for SOQL and SOSL (Salesforce)
ACCELQ now has full blown support for Salesforce Object Query Language and Salesforce Object Search Language. You can seamlessly query the Salesforce objects from your Action logic and parse/verify results. Provides access to Salesforce data without having to physically login to the backend portal. Here is an article with details.
Industry-first, codeless Element Debugger is now available with full feature set. You can turn-on the debugger during test run-time to visually troubleshoot any element identification issues. Powerful capability with no technical barriers. Here is the guide to debugger.
Parse and Verify Execution Parameters
Additional commands available in logic editor to parse and verify Execution Parameters. This allows inserting logic in the Action editor that runs conditionally on execution parameter values. As an example:
Admin functionality (both Project and Tenant admin) is now moved to a separate portal, rather than opening up as a modal. This allows ease of administration and ability to switch and work with administration of multiple projects in one go.
Parameter suggestions in Action logic statement
When populating values for a statement's argument, you get access to the matching parameters without having to specifically switch over the input type. If you remember the name of the parameter, simply type in the Literal field and you are presented with matching options. Enhances productivity as you build logic.
Deferred status for Manual Testing
Added a new test execution status type, "Deferred" for manual test executions. This is reflected in the Manual test Runner modal, Test Result filters, Jira plugin and other reports.
Support for various file types as attachments in Manual Testing
Manual Test Runner now allows attaching various file formats, which was earlier limited only to image files. You can upload standard file formats such as word, excel, pdf, zip, txt, csv etc. These attachments get stored as part of the Job result and you can download or view from the Results screen.
- All Navigator grids (both Manual and Automated assets) now include "Last Updated by" and "Created by" columns. You can choose to display these columns in the Navigator or setup filters as needed. Remember, a user can setup his/her own filters which are retained across login sessions. Hence these fields may be useful to quickly display list of interested entities.
- Ability to filter Scenario and Action grids based on "Checked-out-by". This allows examining the entities checked-out by a particular user (given that version control is enabled).
Test Report Enhancements
- Input/Output information for an Action is now displayed in a collapsable control with leisurely rendering and ability to copy-to-clipboard.
- Visual indicators of status for verification type statements in the results report (automation).
Purge Results Enhancements
- New administration flag is introduced to control if Results Purge functionality should be restricted only to Project Administrators. By default, Result Purge functionality is open to all users in the Project. You can configure this flag in General Settings under Project Admin.
- Purge-Results performance is enhanced considerably. This process now runs as a batch process and avoids burdening server resources.
Element Identification Enhancements
- Working with cross-domain nested iframe element identification.
- View Capture plugin enhancements to support extremely large DOM sizes.
- Working with international character set in element identification.
View Current Active User Sessions
User Management grid in the Tenant Administration is enhanced to display an indicator for the currently logged in user sessions. Tenant Admin also has the privilege to terminate any active user session.
Enhancements to one-click Bug Creation
- Enhancements to the one-click bug-creation workflow, by including status of each step in the description of the bug.
- For Defect integration with Jira, if "related items" is a mandatory field, allow Bug Creation modal to link with other Jira items.
- Display of information in the detailed test results page is improved. When the text contains multiple consecutive space characters, it is reproduced as-is. This helps with troubleshooting with verifications failures which may have been due to such extra spaces on the application screen.
- Changes to Run Modal to bring self-healing and trouble-shooting flags in a more consistent positioning.
- Custom fields (of type, list or multi-select) in various places are now enabled with searchable dropdown. This is possible both while setting up custom fields for a new entity or when editing an existing value.
- Test case listing display in Test Run modal is now revamped so that it is easy to select and view test cases. Same is enhanced for the automation Rerun modal.
- Test Suite internal structures are updated to make it more scalable for future use cases. Project clone performance is also greatly enhanced as a result.
- Performance enhancements across the board.
- Fix for custom SMTP setup issue with non-TLS configuration.
- Test case link in the Email report now directly opens result for relevant test case instead of always loading with the first test case.
- You can now re-initiate an already submitted manual test job. Manual test run is closed once it is marked as submitted. However, from the job results, you can now reinitiate the job by clicking "ReRun" button.
- When re-running an automation job, you can now modify the OS/Browser settings based on the selected Agent.
- Ability to generate random, functional data such as phone numbers, names, ZIP code etc. Simply type "random" in the logic editor for options.
- Bug related to Test case execution order for a static test suite is now fixed.
- Parameter list presented in a Manual Test Case is now based on the order of presence in the Manual scenario steps. Parameter order jumbling in Manual Scenario is fixed.