Release 4.2 brings interesting features and several first-in-class capabilities that extend codeless concept to the next level. Here is a glimpse of various features included in the Release along with links to detailed articles.
- Global Search functionality is completely revamped with much better usability and informative display. “Ctrl-G” (“Cmd-G” for Mac) is a short cut to quickly look up your entities and open, from anywhere in the application.
- Project Cloning performance is enhanced by at least a factor of 10x. Cloning can now be accomplished pretty much in real time.
- A comprehensive feature to support local execution of an Action is now available. When you are actively developing an Action or during trouble shooting, you can now run the Action standalone, without having to exercise it from a Scenario. This provides quick feedback for the logic in your Action. Learn more
- Redesigned left-nav interaction now allows you to navigate directly to the desired entity-type grid, rather than landing in a default entity tab.
- It is now possible to export entity list from the Navigator and Resource grids. This allows for easy documentation and sharing of current asset status. You have an option to either export all the entities or those that match given filter criterion.
- Ability to import global properties from an excel/csv. You can easily create multiple global properties in one short, either by exporting from another Project or creating the excel from scratch.
- When Change Control is enabled, you can now view the Diff between a checked-out version of an Action or Scenario with a base version. This allows you to assess the changes before making a decision to commit or revert changes. Learn more
- Extensive support for PDF validation in Action logic.
- Commands in Action logic now support default values, so that the user does not have to fill all the arguments. This is applicable for both system commands and user extension commands. Logic editor pre-populates these values when you are creating a new statement.
- Action logic now supports an ability to pause test execution for a user to prompt or provide input. While the test is running, user can confirm any external event or provide an input that can be used in the test logic. Learn more
- Ability to execute arbitrary JS snippet from action logic
- In Action logic, you can copy/cut and paste multiple statements in one shot, within an Action or across Actions. You can copy/paste between two different Actions and Contexts, so that it is easy to refactor the logic now. Learn more
- Working with Tables in Action logic is now further simplified. When you hover a Table element in the View, current row number and column number are displayed in the tooltip. Learn more
- View Explorer is completely revamped with a lot of productivity enhancements and new features. View canvas now supports “Explore Mode” where you can reach hard-to-hover elements by traversing in the vicinity or in the DOM. Learn more
- You can now find references to an Action, from the Action Grid context menu. This can also be achieved from Action detail page with a toolbar button. It shows all the Scenarios and Actions where the current Action is being utilized.
- Element Explorer now shows recommendations and suggestions on which attributes are more appropriate to use. It flags alerts on attributes that are prone to change, along with specific tips on what can be done to improve stability.
- Significant improvements to Element Reconciliation with a streamlined process to update Element references for a revamped application UI. Learn more
- ACCELQ now allows Scenario Status as a filter field when creating Filter based Test Suite. This will enable creation of a Suite based on the readiness/status of an entity on top of business parameters represented by Custom fields.
- Jira Connect: Ability to export traceability matrix from Jira
- Jira Connect: Support for Cloud Jira.
Execution & Results
- Results Grid in Automation now provide an ability to search for a specific Test Result based on the Job ID. Simply type the Job ID and hit enter in the grid level search bar.
- Support for headless testing in Firefox browser.
- Significant performance enhancements to Code generation during test execution.
- A Local Agent can be now assigned to multiple Projects. While setting up the Agent, you can provide a list of Projects on which this Agent will be accessible.
- New feature to allow re-using the same browser instance across multiple test cases, is now available. Learn more about Browser Keep-Alive feature.
- Local agent now supports JDK version 11
- Manual Test Results grid now provides an ability to search for a specific Test Result based on the Job ID. Simply type the Job ID and hit enter in the grid level search bar.
- Manual Test Runner modal is enhanced to display the list of test cases in a left-nav arrangement. User can search for a specific test case or click on a test case to navigate.
- When the user Resumes a pending test job, Runner is automatically loaded with the first not-completed test case.
- When a large test job (1000+ test cases) is kick started, proper message is now displayed while the job is being prepared. Run modal is now responsive immediately.
- Bug fix where the start-time in Test Suite dashboard was displayed incorrectly.
- Enhancements in bug-creation modal to display Jira list dropdown fields as searchable dropdown in ACCELQ (which was presented as an input field earlier).
- Version control issues when same element is checked-out by multiple users.
- Issues with filtering Manual Scenario grid based on custom fields.
- Default handling of browser alerts updated to match with Web Driver changes.
- Fixed test execution issue in some special situations when using nested loops.
- Bulk Statements related bug fixes under Salesforce environment.
- Improvements to the Suggested Command display algorithm to make it more relevant in Action logic
- Bug fixes in element identification with special characters in the attribute values.
- Plugin stability for some special cases of nested iframes.
- Performance improvement in the loading time of a View in Action logic
- Enhancements to Jira bug creation modal from test report
- Bug fixes in code generation step of test execution
- Performance improvement in element identification when there are > 10K elements on a large page
- Ability to find un-used Views from Action logic editor
- Support for Salesforce custom dropdown controls