Here are some of the highlights from accelQ Release 3.1.
1. Debug mode execution
accelQ now supports Debug mode when you run a test. This enables an interactive troubleshooting tool during the test execution. If an element is not detected for any reason, test execution is automatically paused allowing you to interact with the application to analyze the discrepancy. Test report includes a summary of the analysis, allowing you to reconcile.
2. Contextual help in test reports
If there is an error due to automated interaction with browser or with a command, test report now displays contextual hints to help the user troubleshoot and fix the issue. For an error statement in report, if a contextual help is applicable, a small bulb icon is displayed. Clicking on this icon provides practical troubleshooting hints to fix the issue.
3. Share-All capability for Actions
Action can now be shared globally with all Contexts in a given project. This is a convenient sharing option when you have a generic purpose action that is relevant in every context.
Here is an article on how to share actions.
4. Ability to edit an existing CI/Scheduled job
You can now edit an existing CI job or a scheduled/recurring job. All parameters, including the Scenario or Test Suite can be updated.
5. Project Clone now includes Test Suites
Cloning a project now incorporates all assets, including test suites. All types of test suites are copied over to the newly cloned Project.
6. Graceful handling of large size API payload/response
REST/SOAP API wizard is enhanced to handle very large size payloads and response bodies. Pagination and expand/collapse at node level is now supported.
7. Storage Management for Test Results
Comprehensive options are added now for Test Report purge, including an ability to retain Error screenshots.
8. Support for stored procedures testing
accelQ now supports testing stored procedures in a database.
9. Support for Browser Stack and Saucelabs via Execution Agent
accelQ's local agent now supports Browser Stack and Sauce Labs for test execution. Your local host can connect to these providers and coordinate the execution with the browser opening on the vendor infrastructure. Enable the settings in the Agent Properties as below.
10. Other enhancements
- Test Report loading optimization: When you navigate between tabs, test report now retains its state (including the scroll position).
- Handling large statements in report: Large statements are now truncated in the report with a link for full details. This helps with better navigability within the report.
- Screenshot lazy loading in reports: Test report slide show opens much faster now as the images are loaded on demand, rather than pre-fetching all in one time.
- New command libraries: Browser cookies testing, User Libary jar file support
- Agent robustness and stability improvements
- Significant performance improvements across the board.