ACCELQ Local Agent allows you to run tests locally inside your firewall, while the test assets are still managed centrally either on the cloud or on your on-premise server. If you are using ACCELQ cloud subscription, this agent allows secure access to the Application Under Test (AUT). This facilitates the execution of tests on systems that are otherwise not exposed outside your network, while at the same time, not requiring opening ports for such applications. It is also possible to verify against in-network resources such as database, filesystem, etc. as required in your test logic.
- Execution of tests on application URLs that are restricted to your local network.
- Execution of tests that require interaction with local terminal-based applications such as mainframe terminals or windows applications.
- Access to your local in-network resources such as database, API endpoints, or file system that you may need as part of your test logic.
- Eliminates the need for Selenium Grid maintenance and setup.
ACCELQ Local Agent is a REST-based Java client running in pull-only mode with ACCELQ server. Once registered with the server, ACCELQ Agent communicates test execution information using REST API. On your local network, this amounts to outgoing traffic from the Agent machine to ACCELQ server. No incoming port needs to be opened on your network.
Run this agent on a machine where the AUT and other dependent resources are accessible.
An agent can be registered in one of 3 visibility modes, which can be configured in the agent properties file.
- User level: This agent will be visible as an execution host from ACCELQ, only for the user associated with this agent (across all projects where the user has access).
- Project level: All the users logged into the given project will have the ability to use this agent for test executions.
- Tenant level: All users on the tenant will have the ability to execute tests against this execution host.
- ACCELQ agent is designed as a REST client with only outgoing requests made by the agent to the ACCELQ execution service.
- Communication between the agent and the server is on secure TLS, so all the information is encrypted.
- The agent is dedicated to the tenant on which it is registered and requests are validated with an API Key for ensuring authenticity.
You can install the local agent either as a fully managed installation (using a wizard) or install it manually and run it from a command prompt.