If you have sensitive or secure information such as passwords or credit card numbers that you would not want to appear either in your Test Logic or in Test Reports, you can choose to encrypt the information.
- In your Action logic, instead of the command Enter Text in Element, use the command Enter Encrypted Text in Input Field.
- This will help in entering the text as an encrypted value as shown below.
Notice the difference between the Line #2 (commented) and Line #3 in this example.
Providing encrypted inputs for passwords or other sensitive data that are parameterized:
For sensitive data like passwords that have been parameterized in the Action Logic, we have a feature for encrypting the input using the ENCRYPT TOOL which can be used for encrypting & entering the encrypted value in the Test Cases as shown below:
- Click on the Encrypt Tool.
- Enter the password or any other sensitive text that must be encrypted and click on Encrypt & Copy.
- The text will be encrypted and it can be pasted in the required input field as shown below.
Providing encrypted text directly in the Action Logic:
It is also possible to provide the encrypted text values directly in the Action Logic.
To achieve this, we can make use of the ENCRYPT TOOL which is available under RESOURCES > TOOLS
The required text can be encrypted from here & can be used directly in the Action Logic statements as required.