Consider the example below. Let's say the requirement is to print all the transaction amounts under the "Recent Activity" in the page below.
Step 1: Element Identification
Since all the "Transaction amount" elements are functionally same and the count is dynamically variable, set it up as "Repeat element".
Review the definition below. We are not attempting to find uniqueness.
- We are not using "text" property as it is specific to one particular transaction. If "class" was not identifying these type of elements, may be we could look at regular expressions etc.
- We are not looking for uniqueness. Make sure the count you see there is really pointing strictly only to the elements we are interested in. In other words, make sure the multiplicity identified is for only applicable elements.
- Mark the "repeat element" checkbox to indicate the nature of this element.
Step 2: Logic to walk through all the transaction amounts
- In line #1 below, get the count of elements using "Get Element Count"
- In line #4, update the ordinal index of a repeat element by "Set Repeat Element by Ordinal Index"
Please sign in to leave a comment.