Element Reconciliation is the process, where
- an element’s abstraction is resolved by mapping to an existing element in the Context’s View or
- mapping an existing element in a View to a newer version in another View belonging to the same Context.
Here are the steps involved in element reconciliation:
- Open the View in the Context where the new element is available.
- Hover on the required element (new element), right-click and select “Replace Existing Element”.
- System presents list of likely candidates for reconciliation. Select the element which is required to be “reconciled”. If this element is not presented in the list, click on “show all elements” to display all elements in the Element Repository.
- System checks if the selected element is compatible with the element you hovered on. In case of incompatibility, appropriate message is displayed.
- You are presented with the new element’s identification criterion in the Element Explorer. Review the element description and save it.
At the end of this process, all usages of an abstract element are replaced with the new element.