Subscription: Enterprise Edition Availability: Release 6.0
Cross-project asset sharing allows you to share Actions between different Projects, while the ownership still lies with the original Project. A publishing Project may decide to "publish" or share an Action, and other Projects may subscribe to this Project. All published Actions become available to the subscribing Projects, just like locally defined Actions.
Here are the steps involved in using Actions shared by other Projects.
- Subscribe to the Project which is offering the Actions
- Use the Actions in Scenarios
- Manage Actions in local Project
Subscribe to Publishing Project
- Login as Project Admin and open the project configuration screen. Here is how.
- Click on Cross-Project Asset Sharing in the left nav.
- Select the Project you would like to subscribe to.
You will get a confirmation screen once done. A given Project may subscribe to multiple Projects, and hence gaining access to all the shared Actions from these Projects.
Note: When using Project branching, it is important to note that within a given hierarchy of Projects, only the Root Project can publish Actions. A child-level Project can only subscribe to the root Project and is not allowed to subscribe to any other Project in the hierarchy.
You can find the list of Cross Project subscriptions by clicking on the Project name in the top toolbar.
Using a Subscribed Action
As you build Scenario steps, all subscribed Actions are presented as "Cross-Project" (XP) Actions. Once you select a subscribed Action, it is executed just like your normal Action. An entry is also made in the Actions grid with an "XP" tag indicating the cross-project nature of the Action.
Editing and Managing a Subscribed Action
While Action logic, element selectors, and other resources are managed by the publishing Project, subscribing Project can edit the following attributes. This editability is provided so that the subscribing Project can manage the interface of the Action as appropriate for its use case.
- Action name and description
- Origin and destination Contexts
- Status, tags, and other custom fields
- The data source for the input parameters
- Flag to turn on/off Scenario access to the Action
Note: "Library"/"Init" flags as set by the Publishing project cannot be modified by the subscriber.
Addressing Change Impact
Here is an article about how the changes in Published Projects are handled.