Feature Availability: Version 4.2
ACCELQ provides a comprehensive and functional diff utility for reviewing the changes on a checked-out version of a Scenario or Action.
Reviewing the diff of checked-out entity with base version
In a Scenario or Action, click on the dropdown for the check-in button and select option to compare with base version. You can also invoke this from the Action/Scenario grid as a context menu item.
This opens up a modal displaying the changes in a functionally organized fashion. Keeping true to the codeless nature of the platform, ACCELQ diff utility is organized to allow this comparison without technical barriers.
Following tabs are displayed. A small orange dot indicates which tabs have updated information.
- Information: Displays changes in name, description, status, origin/destination Context and other config field information
- Logic: Updates to Action logic in a readable English format
- Elements: Changes to element ID
- Parameters: Changes to parameters
- Information: Displays changes in name, description, status, requirements coverage, config fields etc.
- Workflow: Changes in Scenario workflow steps
- Test Cases: Changes in parameter overriding, linking and test cases.
Committing or reverting changes from diff modal
When you are reviewing the diff of an entity, a left-nav control shows the list of all entities that you have currently checked-out. This provides a convenient way to review your changes holistically and make a decision to check-in or undo-checkout. Particularly, since the changes in some entities may be dependent on others, this is a powerful feature to plan and merge your changes.