This article explains the pre-requisite setup required to enable API Access in your salesforce instance and generate Consumer Key (client_id) and Consumer Secret (client_secret). This setup will be required in case you are trying to automate the request/response of these API calls from ACCELQ.
Configure Salesforce Settings and Generate Consumer Key and Consumer Secret key
- Login to Salesforce and navigate to Setup > Apps > App Manager. Click the "New Connected App" button.
- Create a new connected app by the name "ACCELQ" (API name can be same as App Name).
Provide a contact Email ID, which could be any email id that you would like to keep as a reference.
- Set the checkbox "Enable OAuth Settings" under the API(Enable OAuth Settings) section
- Provide the callback URL in the below format.
<Salesforce Instance Url>/RestTest/oauth/_callback
- Add the below OAuth Scopes to Selected OAuth Scopes:
- Access and manage your data (api)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- Uncheck the checkbox Require Secret for Refresh Token Flow. Click the Save button.
Note. It may take up to 10 min for the Connected app to get functional.
- Copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret which is needed later to log in to Salesforce via API using OAuth Authorization.
Relax IP Restrictions
- Click the Manage button for the connected app "ACCELQ". Click the Edit Policies button.
- Under the OAuth Policies section, select the "All users may self-authorize" option from the Permitted Users dropdown.
And select "Relax IP restrictions" option from IP Relaxation dropdown
Please sign in to leave a comment.