Release 3.2 brings a mix of some exciting new features and significant performance improvements in accelQ Core.
- Entity History now displayed for the entire life of an entity. Earlier limitation on past 2 weeks history is now removed.
- New look & feel and UX enhancements in grid controls across the application. Accommodates larger number of entities in a single scroll and the information display is streamlined.
- Customizable columns display in navigator grids. You can now select and customize columns to display in the main Navigator grids.
- accelQ can now be opened on multiple browser windows or tabs without limitations. When you are navigating from other integrated platforms such as Jira, this makes it for a much convenient review of various entities.
Test Development and Action Logic
- All the File related accelQ commands now accept relative paths, which resolve to a user_data folder under your agent installation folder. This allows compatibility of action logic without being hindered by different agent folder structures or OS in your organization.
- Introduction of password field in action logic editor, while developing action logic. This allows the user to directly type sensitive information in the action logic without exposing the plain text. All such data is encrypted before saving in the database.
- Support for database testing and validations for Teradata, DB2 and Informix. Same command set that you currently use for other databases applies here.
- Action logic support for developing validation against SMTP emails. Within your test, you can now verify or extract email information without interacting with email client UI.
- API verification now can handle very large payloads and responses. Significant performance and stability improvements for large size API calls.
- Configuration to allow API wizard to communicate with REST/SOAP server directly from the browser client bypassing the accelQ server.
- You can now build API scenarios directly without requiring a starting step from a UI context.
- Form-data payload is now possible to be parameterized in API calls.
- Support for Sauce Connect for test executions on cloud.
- Ability to configure web-driver capabilities from accelQ Run modal.
- Comprehensive Jira Plugin for bi-directional information display. You can now check test coverage for a user story from Jira and navigate directly to accelQ entities.
- accelQ now supports test execution kick-off from command line.
- Output parameters are now rendered in the report, even if the particular Step/Action is incomplete (due to test abort).
- Ability to download images from a test case slideshow.
Performance & Stability
- Improved performance for test report export to excel/pdf for large size test runs involving hundreds of test cases in one Suite run.
- Performance improvement with image loading in test result slide show.
- Scenario performance improvements - Rendering the scenario with 100+ steps and adding new steps.