accelQ provides integration points with market-leading requirements tracking tools so that you can seamlessly work with requirement tracking workflows while still managing the requirements in the external system.
accelQ support direct integration with Atlassian Jira and Microsoft TFS/VSTS for requirement tracking.
Define Integration Point
Requirement integration information is managed at a Project level. Every project in a tenant can point to a different requirement tracking system for integration.
You need Project Admin privilege to define a requirement integration point.
- In accelQ, click on gear icon on the left nav and open Configuration screen.
- Click Requirements Integration under Integrations section.
- Click on "Setup Requirement Tracking Integration" button
- Select Jira or TFS in the dropdown and furnish the details on end point. See below for acceptable credentials.
- Once you provide connection information, click on "Test Connection" to make sure the communication between accelQ and Jira/TFS is established properly.
Acceptable credentials for Jira and TFS
Depending on your particular Jira or TFS setup, you may need to furnish different types of credentials to integrate with accelQ. Try following options
- Option 1: User name and Password that you use to login to Jira.
- Option 2: User name and API Key
- Option 1: User name and Password that you use to login to TFS.
- Option 2: User name and Personal Access Token
- Option 3: Alternate Credentials
Use cases for Requirements integration
Once an integration point is established, you can manage requirements from multiple use cases in accelQ.
- Provide traceability information when you are creating a Scenario
- Create Requirements based test suite by inputting a set of Requirements from external systems
- Reports perspectives based on Requirements or User Stories