A Context represents a state of the application-under-test. In a web-based application, you can consider each page of a web application to be a context.
Creating a New Context
1. Navigate to create (+) icon on the top navigation area and click and select Context.
On the Context modal window under General Info tab
2. Select the Type of context you want to create. There are 2 types of context in accelQ, UI context, and Library context.
3. Give a Name and Description of the context you are creating. Remember, the given name should be unique in the project.
4. Specify if the context is an App Entry Point. An app entry point context is the ones that can be invoked with a static URL.
(This is applicable only for UI context)
5. Provide Tags for the context. Tags are useful when you want to group or categorize the entities as per there characteristics.
On the UI Elements tab
6. You can add new Abstract element that will be associated with this context. Learn more about Abstract Element. This step is optional and can be skipped while creating the context.
On the Custom Info tab
7. Enter the values in the required fields. Custom fields allow capturing relevant information about an entity with an intent to serve analysis across the application. Learn more about Custom Fields.
Window - New Context