We are thrilled to bring you yet another feature packed release with 2.1. A set of innovative productivity features, addition of new functionality and enhancements to existing features makes this a comprehensive release. Here are the highlights.
1. Enhanced logic editor interactions
We have made the natural language logic editor even more fluid, bringing in major productivity enhancements. "Statement" menu is removed and interactions with logic editor are now closer to working in a text editor. Click here for a detailed article on the new enhancements.
2. All new Help Center for easy access and enablement
Help Center is thoroughly overhauled to bring in more visibility and significance. Support articles, announcements and training/enablement assets are all centralized into one feature. With the click of a button, you have access to all the help articles, Getting-Started videos and Announcements You can also quickly share an idea with us, without leaving the product. Hope you will find the feature handy.
3. User Activity and Test Asset History
New activity center is enabled at 2 different levels of granularity.
- From the global toolbar, you can access high-level activity at a user level indicating create, update and delete on test assets.
- At an individual test asset level, you can track finer level updates over a period.
Here are more details.
4. accelQ now supports Headless testing mode
At times when execution speed is of essence and not so much about rendering on a real browser, you can now opt for Headless mode for test execution. Simply tick the check-mark when you select the Browser/OS combination in the Run modal. This could come handy when executing scripts in Continuous Integration environment without the need for real browser interactions. Automation developers may also want to sometimes run in headless mode so the browser interactions are not distracting other development work.
5. Enhancements to email configuration and report dispatch
Multiple enhancements in the email setup and configurability
- You can now setup your preferred SMTP server for outgoing emails from accelQ. Default option is still the accelQ provided cloud based SMTP service, but depending on your enterprise requirement, you can now customize this. Here is how you do it.
- You can configure receipt of Result email from the Run modal. You can opt in/out for kick-off email and also choose to send results email upon failure-only vs. always.
- With the latest release, you can include non-users as well in the email report recipient list. You can include your team member email address even if he/she is not a subscriber on accelQ.
6. TeamCity integration for CI/CD
accelQ now supports a native plugin for TeamCity for CI/CD execution. Works seamlessly just like Jenkins and Bamboo integration, where you can integrate accelQ functional automation as a step in the post-deployment stage. Here are setup instructions.
7. Streamlined user creation flow
New-user creation flow is streamlined to include welcome email with a sign-in link and ability to assign a license type and projects to the new user in a single step. Admin now has the ability to send offline reminder invitations as well. Here is the detailed article for user creation flow.
8. Optimized mode for screenshots in test results
This release brings an optimized mode for screenshots during test execution. You can now choose "on-nav" mode, which intelligently picks distinct screenshots during navigation. This is a preferred mode for screenshots and avoids over 70% of screenshots which only reflect incremental changes. Both the execution speed and disk usage are optimized.
Additionally action commands to display a message in report have been enhanced to capture screenshots on demand. These on-demand screenshots take full-scroll view. Use this sparingly as the multi-scroll screen capture is resource intensive.
9. Other enhancements
- Ability to edit test execution environment from Run modal
- Test suites now support custom fields
- Defect creation from report now supports mandatory fields in Jira and TFS
- Support for Browser stack latest version
- Enhanced command search algorithm in logic editor
- Alert indication for elements that are auto-generated and not yet reviewed by the user
- Bug fix to avoid cyclical references in anchor element chaining
- Ability to download User libraries
- Other bugs and performance enhancements