This is a summarized version of runtime setup article. You can find more detailed version here.
Step 1: Setup Selenium
- Make sure you have java JRE available on your machine. If not, install version 1.8 of JRE from Oracle site.
- Download the setup files from the link here and unzip to preferred folder on your machine.
- Navigate to accelQRuntime folder, open a command prompt and type "start_selenium.bat" command (or simply double click the batch file).
Step 2: Secure Tunnel Access
This step is required only when
- Your company is using Cloud subscription of accelQ AND
- Firewall access to accelQ agent has not been setup from your network
- Download ngrok from the following download location and save it to accelQRuntime folder created as part of the step 1 above.
- Open a command prompt where ngrok is saved. Type "ngrok.exe http 4444".
- From the resulting output, capture the text as shown below (Note: do not include the "http://" text in the front)
Step 3: Test Execution Environment in accelQ
- Login to accelQ.
- Click on the "Configure" (gear or cog) icon in the top toolbar. In the configuration screen, click on "Test Execution Environment" link in the left navigation.
- Click on the "+" icon to create a new test execution environment. Selection options as in the screen below.
- Provide a meaningful name for the execution host.
- Provide hostname or IP where the selenium grid is running. This should be the IP address of your local machine where Selenium is running. In case you are using ngrok for secure tunnel, provide the forwarding address captured from the step #2 above.
- Note: Do not include "http://" prefix in the host name.
- Provide port number to access Selenium grid. This port is 4444 in case you have direct access to accelQ agent or port 80 if you are using ngrok as a secure tunnel.
- Test the connect to ensure a communication channel is established with accelQ agent.
Step 4: Select host environment while running tests
Select the execution environment you created in the step 3 above, when you are running tests.