Here is an example of how you would setup a smoke test suite.
Step #1: Define a custom field to tag smoke test cases
- Navigate to Configuration screen by clicking the cog icon in the top right corner of the header.
Note: you will need Project admin privileges for this step.
- Click "Custom Fields" in the left nav links of Configuration screen
- Define a new custom field call "Smoke Test" and configure as shown in the screen below.
- Select a default value for existing test cases.
Step #2: Mark necessary test cases for smoke tests
- Navigate to required Scenarios and open "Test Case" tab
- Edit the test case you want to mark for "Smoke". Apply the value as "Yes" in the test case modal.
Step #3: Create a test suite for smoke test
- From the "+" icon in the top tool bar, create new Test Suite
- Select "Filter based" suite as the type of suite.
- Click "Save & Continue" in the test suite creation modal.
- Click the filter link in the Test Case section in the sidebar.
- Select "Sanity Test" with value "Yes".
- This will dynamically bring in all the sanity test cases across the Universe. As new test cases are added, this suite keeps evolving dynamically.