accelQ uses Selenium API to interact with the web browser during test execution. If you are testing a web based application and if the machine is used as execution host, you will need to complete this setup. An execution host is a machine where the browser is invoked during test execution.
Note: accelQ allows logging in from one machine and running the tests remotely on other machines. You do not need Selenium setup to invoke the tests on remote machines. It is required only in the case where your machine is used as execution host.
Download and Setup
- Make sure you have java JRE is available on your machine. If not, install latest version of JRE from Oracle site.
- Create a folder called accelQRuntime on your preferred disk location.
- Download latest Selenium jar file from the official Selenium distribution site and copy to accelQRuntime folder.
- Depending on which browser types you need to run the tests against, download necessary Web Drivers and unzip to the accelQRuntime folder. Web Driver is a browser specific jar file that allows Selenium API interaction.
Chrome Browser click here Internet Explorer on Win 32 bit click here Internet Explorer on Win 64 bit click here Firefox Browser on Win 32 bit click here Firefox Browser on Win 64 bit click here
- Download the zip file attached with this article (scroll all the way down in this article), and unzip to accelQRuntime folder.
Note: Make sure all the files you download/copy in the above steps are directly under the accelQRuntime folder (without any sub-folders)
Update Selenium Configuration
- From accelQRuntime folder, open selenium_config.txt in notepad.
- Update the property, "SELENIUM_JAR' with the name of the jar file that is just downloaded in step 3 above.
- Update the browser support properties to "true" based on the drivers you downloaded. Make sure at least one of the browsers is setup as "true"
Starting Selenium Grid
In the accelQRuntime folder, open a command prompt and type the following command (or simply double click the batch file). Select one of the options here based on your requirement.
To start Selenium Hub and Node
Most common for your local host executions.
To start just the Selenium node
Most common for the execution machines in the lab. Typically when you are using the machine as an execution host while the hub is hosted on a central machine.
To start just the Selenium hub
Typically when you are using the machine just as a hub and the execution does not need to happen on it.
Note: Run this batch file every time you login. Alternatively, you can set this up as a startup program on your Windows desktop.