To create a Data Type:
Click on the create entity icon on the top navigation and select Data Type.
On the “New Data Type” window under General info tab,
- Give a name on the Name field. Remember, the name given should be unique in the project in which it is going to be used.
Special characters like ~ @ # & . can be used. Punctuations and symbols should not be used.
- Enter Description, this is an optional field, but we suggest you provide a description to explain the Data Type briefly.
- Select Fixed or Variable Data Value option.
Learn more about the difference between Fixed and Variable Data Value
- Provide Tags to this Data Type. Tags are useful when you want to group or arrange the entities later as per their characteristics.
On the Custom Info tab,
- Enter the values in the required fields. Custom fields allow capturing relevant information about an entity with an intent to serve analysis across the system. Learn more about, the significance of custom fields
This tab is not displayed in case custom fields are not set up for the project. Based on your business needs, it is recommended to configure custom fields.