Executing a Scenario in accelQ application is a simple job. Click on the Run button on the top navigation bar, or if you are in the Universe - Scenario view click on the Run button from the Scenario sidebar.
On the Run Test dialog, enter or select the values appropriately.
- Select one of the 3 options on When to Run.
- Select Now if you want to run the test right away.
- Select Future Date if you want to schedule the run.
- Select Continous Integration if you want to run the test through CI tool.
Learn how to invoke Test run from CI server
- Provide a reason for test execution, for documentation purpose in the Purpose of Run field.
- Select a Scenario to execute from What to Run dropdown.
- Select all the users in Whom to Notify, whom you would like to notify about the test result. An email notification will be sent with the summary of the test result.
- Select the Application Environment against which the test needs to execute. You can configure and define Environments from the Project Administration.
- Select the Host where you want to invoke the browser and run the test. If you have multiple test labs setup, you can choose which one to use for this run.
- Select the Browser and OS on which the test needs to be executed.
- Under Preferences tab,
- Screen Shots: On Error Only/Always
- Page Load Wait Time: Amount of time test will wait implicitly for a page to load
- Element Wait Time: Amount of time test run will wait implicitly for an element to be available
- Under Run Configuration tab,
Any Run Parameters that are configured in the Resources will show up here.
Learn more about Run Configuration
Once the Run Test starts, you can see the progress on the Results tab. Learn more about Test Results