Application Universe represents application interactions for visualization and analysis. It shows all the entities - Scenarios, Context, Actions and Test Cases which are participating in the AUT. A user can filter the Universe to view only a part of the AUT like a Test Suite view or filtering the Universe by Actions, Scenarios or Context.
The Application Universe view is divided into 2 sections:
1. Visual Map Canvas area of the Application Universe: Representing the Scenarios, Context, and Actions with an ability to drill down on a particular entity.
2. Sidebar to shows the entities that are part of the Universe in a list format with the ability to drill down on a particular entity. The user can also take certain actions available on an entity from the sidebar.
Visual Map Canvas area
1. Shows the visual map of the Application.
- The Blue dots on the map are Contexts from which an Action is either originated or ends.
- The lines on the map represent Actions, and the direction of the arrow on the line denotes origin and destination direction of the context.
- The lines which start and ends on the same Context means the Action originates and ends in the same Context.
Clicking on the Context (Blue dot) or the Action (line) will drill down the universe to show only the entities that are related to that particular clicked Context or Action.
A combined group of Actions builds a Scenario, and clicking on a Scenario from the sidebar will drill down the Universe to show on the Actions and Context that are part of that Scenario.
2. Universe Title and Filter
The label shows the current state of the Universe. Clicking on the option icon user can Filter the Universe either by a particular Test Suite or by Applying filters to a Scenario, Context or an Action.
To view a Test Suite Universe, select a Test Suite from the list.
To view a filtered Universe by Scenario, Action or Context
3. Visual Map controls
A user can Zoom In, Zoom Out or Fit the map on the screen with the controls provided in the canvas area.
The sidebar shows the all the entities that are part of the Universe in the list form, with an ability to click and drill down on an entity. The sidebar also supports some of the actions that the user can perform on an entity.
A sidebar when Universe is showing all the entities present in the Application.
1. The title of the Sidebar.
2. Tabs to list Scenarios, Contexts, and Actions present in the Application.
3. A quick graph showing the statuses and Alerts of the entities. Clicking on the status/Alert graph will filter the list accordingly.
4. Shows the list of Scenarios, Context or Actions that are present in the Application.
Sidebar when a particular entity is clicked from the map or from the entity list.
(Below example shows a sidebar view of a particular Scenario)
1. Shows the name of the Entity with an icon to denote the Type of Entity
(the above example is of a Scenario sidebar ).
2. The various tabs to show what consist of a particular Entity.
3. The Actions that are possible for the entity. Clicking on the (X) icon will take the user back to the original state of the Universe.
Test Suite view of a Universe
In a case of a Test Suite, in addition to the map view and the sidebar view of all Scenarios, Actions, and Context are participating on the particular Test Suite, there is also an addition of mini dashboard. It shows 3 very important information:
1. Coverage: Displays information on the percentage of Stories or Requirements covered with the current snapshot of linked test scenarios.
2. Test Readiness: There are 2 factors that are considered to calculate the Test Readiness,
- Execution Readiness: Indicates the percentage of test cases that are fully ready to be executed.
- Test Development Status: This stat indicates the approximate effort-readiness to satisfy the testing needs for the Test Suite.
3. Last Execution Result: Displays information about the last full-blown run of the Test Suite. A detailed report can be accessed through the "Get Report" link.