To create a Context:
Click on the create entity icon on the top navigation and select Context.
On the “New Context” window under General info tab,
- Select the Type of Context you want to create. There are 2 types of Context in accelQ, UI Context and Library Context.
Learn more about types of Context
- Give a name on the Name field. Remember, the name given should be unique in the project in which it is going to be used.
Special characters like ~ @ # & . can be used. Punctuations and symbols should not be used.
For a web based application, you can use the suffix, “Page” or “Screen” while naming the Context.
- Enter Description, this is an optional field, but we suggest you provide a description to explain the Context briefly.
- (Applicable only for UI Context) Specify if the Context is an Application Entry Point. Typically, any Context that can be invoked with a static URL can be considered as an Entry Point.
- Provide Tags to this Context. Tags are useful when you want to group or arrange the entities later as per their characteristics.
On the UI Elements tab,
Add new Abstract UI Element that will be associated with this Context. This step is optional during the Context creation.
Learn about Abstract Element
On the Custom Info tab,
- Enter the values in the required fields. Custom fields allow capturing relevant information about an entity with an intent to serve analysis across the system. Learn more about, the significance of custom fields
This tab is not displayed in case custom fields are not set up for the project. Based on your business needs, it is recommended to configure custom fields.