View refers to the visual representation of a UI Context. It captures the essence of application interactions available in a web based test application. You capture a new View with accelQ’s View Analyzer plugin.
- Navigate to the required Context detail page, either from the Context tab under the Navigator or from the Application Universe.
- Click the Analyze New View. System fetches all the open URLs in the browser and displays in the Analysis URL window. You can either select a URL from this list or enter a URL manually.
- Click the Camera icon corresponding to the tab which needs to be captured. The system control moves to the browser tab of the selected/entered URL.
Important: Once the control is moved to the browser tab, the accelQ View Analyzer Plugin icon starts blinking on the top right side of the browser address bar.
- Click on the blinking accelQ icon to initiate the Capture process.
Important: You need to wait until the test application page loads completely, before you could initiate the analysis.
- Configure properties for View Capture based on the requirement. To optimize the overall performance, you can choose to capture just the required portion from the screen or the entire screen.
- Click Analyze. The AUT page is analyzed based on the parameters you have set in the accelQ View Analyzer Plugin. The progress is displayed in percentage.
Important: Do NOT perform any mouse actions while the analysis is in progress.
- Click the Done button in the confirmation dialog, once the analysis is complete.
Note: This confirmation window may not be displayed in case you clicked anywhere on the browser during the time Analysis is in progress. In this case, you can recognize the completion of the process when you notice the plugin icon in the browser toolbar stops blinking.
- The results are displayed in View Analyzer window, with the control taken back to the accelQ application screen.
- Review the result and continue by accepting the output.